Sunday, September 7, 2008

Under the Weather

Just to let you all know I am still alive. I've been really busy lately with school, teaching, and waiting tables. I've also been fighting against getting sick. Or at least I was fighting, it took control and I had to go to the doctor yesterday. I have a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection, and bronchitis. Not the first time I've had this cocktail. I had to have steroid shot in my hip, and was put on a powerful anitbiotic and cough/congestion medicine. I am feeling better but not back to normal yet. I had to call into work all weekend which didn't go over well with management. But, if I didn't I probably would have ended up in the hospital. My doctor said if I wasn't feeling better by monday to take me to the hospital and have me admitted.

So, now that I've gotten this crap once this season, I will be susceptible to getting this trio again, so I am considering quitting Waffle House. I think having my weekends back to study, prepare for Covenant, and sleep will help me greatly. I think working two jobs and going to school full time is too much on me. And I don't want to over do it. I am actually looking for imput on this one, feel free to comment.

Quit? or not to Quit? that is the question!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, extra money is always nice, but eventually 2 jobs take their toll. Personally I am of the opinion that the pay at waffle house is not proportionate to the labor. First try rearranging your schedule, and if that doesn't work decide which job is better for you. Then drop the other one. And if your not going to have 2 jobs anymore, remember budgeting is a wonderful way to stretch every single dollar. Good luck!

Song of the South said...

Ditto! I hate to see you give up Waffle House just because it has ended up being so good for you. And I am so proud of you. However, you can only stretch yourself so thin. I wouldn't make a final decision though, until you are feeling better. Being sick can seriously impact your decision making skills and then have you grabbing the OH CRAP Bar later. :)) You will make a good decision, I am confident in that. I would like to see you every once in a while though. I canned apples today. Check out my blog for photos, maybe tommorrow. Love ya, Cammy