Monday, September 8, 2008

Exhausted....Again

Well, its my first day back in any type of routine since being so sick. Although the antibiotics and steroid shot have helped, I still don't have all of my energy back yet. And, I still have my nasty persistent cough. Which I'm sure would be less severe if I entertained the thought of quiting my nicotine habit. But, stubborness prevails again. Today has been vey draining. All I want to do is curl up and go to sleep. Just one more class to go!!

Tomorrow starts another week at Covenant. I'm actually really excited about this year. It looks like its going to be better than last year. We have more students and most of them are self-motivated. We also have involved parents which could turn out to be a very good thing. I'm really looking forward to teaching at Covenant this time.

I have decided that I am going to give Waffle House a couple more weeks at least. Give the new schedule with only two nights a chance. And, if it still seems like too much than I will put in my notice. I don't want to leave Waffle House right after a weekend of being sick and having to call in. I would like to leave things good, for job refrences as well as possible re-hiring next summer. But, we will just have to wait and see how things go.

I got my weekend off in October!! The reservations have been made!! I'm going to Bayfest in Mobile the first weekend in October. I am so excited. Finally a weekend off. (and hopefully illness free) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think thats a good idea. And waiting to actually put in a notice is good too. I seriously considered giving peytons place the what for when i left, but decided that i might need their reference in the future. I'm glad things are looking up for you and I'm sorry you are sick. Congrats on the weekend off. You deserve it.

Song of the South said...

Sounds like you are really thinking things through and making decisions that are not only smart but are good for YOU! Good Job! I am glad you are starting to feel some better.